FIFA Club World Cup wiki
Future of ( association ) Football (/ soccer ).
This is a timeline page.
Base in wikipedia Timeline of association football, Wikipedia Football Portal and many others pages, and/or your imagination.
Guess, predictions and/or ideas to the future of the famous sport.
(Men) Association football around the world and Women's Association football around the world is another full of data article.
"not relevant" points are welcome too.
Many/most hipervincules go to his wikipedia article, you can change that doing a article about here in Future Wikia.
- France win their second European Championship title after beating Italy 2-1, with a golden goal in extra time;
- First FIFA Club World Cup, won by Sport Club Corinthians Paulista.
- Real Madrid sign playmaker Zinedine Zidane of Juventus in a world record transfer fee of 72 million euros
- Colombia won the 40th edition of Copa América, held in Colombia.
- Is played for the first time a women's football tournament at the Island Games in Isle of Man, for FAs not admitted to FIFA, won by Faroe Islands.
- Australia national team beat American Samoa 31-0 in the World Cup Qualification, is the World Record in an international match, record which stands to this day.
— Maldini makes football history by captaining AC Milan to a champions league victory, a feat his father did with AC Milan exactly 40 years before. Founded the NF-Board, the first international organization for FAs not admitted to FIFA. Rangers win their 50th League Championship. 2004 in football — Greece produce one of the shocks in football history and become surprise winners of the UEFA Euro 2004 football tournament, defeating the host nation Portugal 1-0 in the final. Waitakere United is founded. Arsenal completed the 2003-04 FA Premier League unbeaten.
— The Champions League final in Istanbul sees Liverpool come back from a 0-3 half-time score to defeat A.C. Milan 3-2 in a penalty shootout, following a 3-3 draw. Also, a match-fixing scandal rocks German football, though it does not directly affect the First Bundesliga. Arsenal was named "The Invincibles" for their 49 league matches unbeaten run. The Australian A-league is launched in replacement of the 'NSL' to improve the quality of the game in the country.